- High Beams Simple Safety Feature Not Used Enough
- First At Fault Accident For Self Driving Google Car, May Set Back Autonomous Dreams
- Can They Give You A Ticket For Driving To Slow In Bad Weather?
- Car Makers Face Off in Great Canadian Auto Challenge for Movember
- Canadian Car Sales Expected to Reach Record High this Year
Ontario Tire Stewardship Adds to the Tire Takeback EventApril 18, 2012
Ontario Tire Stewardship (OTS), as part of the 2012 Tire Take Back event, is offering a Community Prize to create excitement about this important recycling event, encourage community participation and underscore the connection between high value, green products and responsible tire disposal.
The Community Prize is a gift in kind of up to $15,000 worth of tire-derived products (such as, but not limited to, recycled rubber mulch, playground surfacing, patio tiles, and sidewalk pavers) from OTS registered Recycled Product Manufacturers (RPMs). The OARA member that collects the most used tires from residents in their area during the event period (May 28-June 2) will be able to designate a local, non-profit community project to receive this gift in kind.
This could mean innovative upgrades to our parks and playgrounds, eco-friendly renovations to our community facilities like new athletic flooring, and more durable sidewalks or roofing for our public spaces.